Consider these questions when choosing the right style for you, your team and your entire organization:
1) How do I like to help people?
2) What leadership style will best suit my direct reports? (Consider experience, demographic factors, team size, member interdependence, nature of work and individual personalities)
3) What did I like best about my favorite manager / least about my worst manager?
4) How important are social relationships to team and organizational success?
5) What leadership style aligns best with the organization's mission, long-term goals and overall culture?